View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 08:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voner View Post
iguanabill:

thanks for your post. Your questions are helping sort through the details of tdcs.

I would guess that you need to give ballerina a more specific description of of the location on the head you are placing your anodes/cathode...

from reading the research papers, I think the accepted paradigm to use is the EEG 10-20 system... most the researchers have put the For example, many researchers put the anode over the “C3” area (which correlates to the hand position for the Penfield brain map (I cannot post Web addresses yet -- I don't have enough postings)..

I'm curious about the same things you are. I am about ready to start some trials.

Thanks a lot for posting your information about the electrodes etc!! The part about the adapters to the banana plugs, etc. threw me for a loop for a while.. .. I kept on trying to figure out if I needed to order what other parts etc. etc.

So, anybody else reading this and also using the Square Amrex type rubber edged sponge electrodes---pay attention to the adapter part that iguanabill has stated. I ended up going down to a local electronic supply store and buying some banana plugs cutting the leads off the wires, and soldering banana plugs through the wire ends. I then tested the device on my multimeter to ensure the device was working correctly in putting out a steady 2ma.........but if I could have found some adapters -- I probably would've used the adapters that iguanabill used...

Thanks Iguanabill and Voner,

I had forgotten that the adaptors were separate from the electrodes. Please forgive me all!

Wow Voner!!! Very cool!

I am so glad that I finally have some company. We won't be alone for long since tDCS has so many applications from treatment resistant depression to enhancing memory. I predict that college student will very soon be routinely taking these devises to college!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote