View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've gained 30 lbs since I got RSD. I gained 20 within a week when I first started Lyrica but once I was able to be more active again I lost half of that. But then when the RSD spread last January I gained another 20 and have really struggled with bad inflammation and puffiness and stuff. I think once I am able to be a little more active that I will probably lose some of that.

I've been following the 4F's diet and it seems to be helping with the inflammation...and I definitely feel a lot better eating the fresh foods rather than the processed foods. I also try to avoid as much sodium as possible and have really pushed myself to drink a lot more water. Has it helped me lost weight? Not much that I have noticed...but I FEEL better. And the better I feel the more I am able to move around and stuff.

Also...I used to really HATE fish too but I have discovered that I really don't hate fish. I hate "fishy tasteing" fish. There are actually some really yummy light types of fish that don't have that fishy taste at all and I really enjoy them. My favorite is Tilapia...I bake it in the oven with a little bit of Olive Oil and some seasoning on it (I use Mrs Dash). There's also a frozen Tilapia that my boyfriend and I buy that is either Parmesean Crusted, Coconut Crusted, or Tortilla Crusted and it is also very yummy (though because it is prepackaged it does have more sodium in it than the other I make so we only have this every once in a while). Might be worth just trying to branch out to see if there are SOME kinds of fish you might like. I for sure thought I absolutely hated all kinds of fish before my boyfriend talked me into trying some other things.

Just one other thing to consider...try eating a bunch of small meals throughout the day instead of trying to wait until meal time to have a big meal. This is how I always used to eat and it helps speed up your metabolism. Maybe also try to eat some healthier snacks rather than the junk food. It might take a little while for your taste buds to adjust to say eating fresh veggies or fruits as snacks...but once you get used to it you may find that you like the flavor of the veggies better (or maybe not...I was VERY surprised that I did).

Sorry I don't have more suggestions to offer. But even if you find you can't stick to eating the foods that are better for you...maybe if you just try to cut out the ones that are BAD for you that would be a good place to start.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alt1268 (01-27-2012)