View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 09:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Soft E-Collars

I feel for you, tamiloo! We have a lab mix with allergies, and the food really does seem to be the root cause for allergies. We had to use trial and error to find a food that worked, and Honest Kitchen mixed with Canidae is what worked for us. Kind of pricey, though. It could be something totally different that works for your pup.

I've used a couple of the soft e-collars to prevent itching, including the Comfy Cone and the Cuddle Cone. Both are better alternatives to the plastic cone, but the Comfy Cone was a little too floppy for us, and had a mildewy smell when it got wet. The Cuddle Cone is great, but can only be found online (as far as I can tell). **It is a fantastic cone, though, lined with fleece and very comfortable for our dog to sleep, eat, etc.

Best of luck to you and Lola!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiloo
I have the most wonderful, wonderful little Pit-bull named Lola. We have had her for almost two years. Since we got her she has had a horrible itching problem. The vet tested her for everything and found nothing wrong. He felt it could be a food allergy. We have tried a few brands and then the Humane Society gave us a list of great dog foods. They also gave us a list of pros and cons and how to grade a dog food before you buy it. If anyone would like a copy of this list just PM me and I'll send along. Today we are going out to hopefully find something better.

She has been wearing the E-collar for many months. Its not easy...I have seen online that there is a soft E-collar...has anyone used this collar...good or bad???

Last edited by Chemar; 01-26-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: NT Guidelines on New Member Linking
sdpetprojects is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (02-01-2012)