View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm so sorry to hear that you're suffering like this. I'll write my response in short, numbered points to help you follow it.

1. My experience has been very similar. I spend half the day sitting around in the dark, either meditating or just lying around, until I'm so depressed I can't stand it anymore. Then I have to be active, and almost any sort of activity aggravates my symptoms.

2. My main symptoms are light and sound sensitivity, dizziness, headaches, and some brain fog.

3. I've been injured just over a year, and many of my symptoms have gotten worse. I relapsed in August and that is when the light sensitivity started. It is worse now than it was then, as is my sound sensitivity.

4. I'm also doing multiple forms of therapy.

5. Have you tried deep massage of the neck and shoulders, and/or myofacial release? It might help.

6. Ask you psychiatrist about trying a different anti-anxiety med, such as Clonazepam. It's possible that you'll get more benefit than you're getting from the Xanax.

7. Don't give up, dude. I know how scary it is when several months after the accident things are getting worse. Even if the only thing on your side is time, in five years you will look back and be so glad that you stuck it out and didn't give up.

Pete
SpaceCadet (01-26-2012)