View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:37 PM
----

10 yr Member
----

10 yr Member

Hello! I've been reading this forum for weeks now. I've had TOS for over 30 years. I've been to every possible type of doctor who could find no reason for the pain I had. Over the holidays I was having arm spasms, so I did some surfing and came up with a chart that showed exactly where I'd been hurting all these years. I looked into TOS, gave Dr. Dean Donohue a call on the off chance that this is what I had, and went in for a visit. After going to physical therapy almost every other year of my life and feeling like a complete crazy person, he found that my first ribs have congenital abnormalities that are likely the cause of my pain.

I'm nervous about pursuing surgery, especially with two kids and a husband who isn't a great caregiver. Being home bound and unable to drive also seems pretty tough. But, the pain is dreadful and has affected my quality of life.

I swim almost daily and do pilates (not well at all, but I enjoy it). I worry that lying around for a few months will result in depression, which I'd like to avoid.

Anyway, that's all I've got! Thanks for listening and thanks for sharing your stories which have helped.