View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadu00 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that you're suffering like this. I'll write my response in short, numbered points to help you follow it.

1. My experience has been very similar. I spend half the day sitting around in the dark, either meditating or just lying around, until I'm so depressed I can't stand it anymore. Then I have to be active, and almost any sort of activity aggravates my symptoms.

2. My main symptoms are light and sound sensitivity, dizziness, headaches, and some brain fog.

3. I've been injured just over a year, and many of my symptoms have gotten worse. I relapsed in August and that is when the light sensitivity started. It is worse now than it was then, as is my sound sensitivity.

4. I'm also doing multiple forms of therapy.

5. Have you tried deep massage of the neck and shoulders, and/or myofacial release? It might help.

6. Ask you psychiatrist about trying a different anti-anxiety med, such as Clonazepam. It's possible that you'll get more benefit than you're getting from the Xanax.

7. Don't give up, dude. I know how scary it is when several months after the accident things are getting worse. Even if the only thing on your side is time, in five years you will look back and be so glad that you stuck it out and didn't give up.

Pete
Thank you for reading, responding and making it easier for me to read.

What happens when the lights or sound bother you, besides a headache? I get pressure in my head and face and I get really foggy and slow....and it just bothers the heck out of me.

Can you watch TV with no problems? I can't...which upsets me because I've got a nice Sony LCD with hundreds of channels that I can't even watch...or I become an instant space cadet.

What kind of therapy are you doing?

My psychiatrist won't prescribe me any narcotic medicine. My anxiety is severe, no anti-depressant is going to fix it...The only thing I've tried that has worked so far is Ativan or Xanax...I'm ordering some Theanine next week to see if that helps.

Haven't gotten a professional massage yet, can't afford it. Not sure what myofacial is??

And thanks, I'm not going to give up...if it wasn't for my son I probably would of drank myself to oblivion or checked myself in to a mental facility and let them dope me up on anti-psychotics.
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote