View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

While we're dealing with brain stimulation, I know there are a LOT of pain patients who benefit remarkably from Calmare's electrostimulation device (with Scrambler technology). For this, multiple electrodes are placed surrounding, but not on top of, the most painful area. The stimulation supposedly travels to the brain, sending a "this is not painful after all" signal that changes the brain. It's also quite inexpensive, and you should know after the first treatment (though not in all cases) whether you are going to respond.

You can learn more at www.calmarett.com (I can now post links!). We had 9 treatments at the St. George, Utah, facility ($150 each) before Thanksgiving break. Again, my wife was a non-responder <sigh>. But, a lady from San Diego with severe total body CRPS, including a clenched hand like ballerina's, goes up regularly for treatments, as she can get her pain to a ZERO for several weeks following the treatments. We met several other patients who respond incredibly well. The treatment really does work.
iguanabill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote