View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[What happens when the lights or sound bother you, besides a headache? I get pressure in my head and face and I get really foggy and slow....and it just bothers the heck out of me.]

It's like if you're taking a nap and someone turns a bright light on right in your face, or you walk outside on a sunny day right after it snows...it just feels way too bright. But yeah, it also exacerbates all my other symptoms, including headaches, sound sensitivity, dizziness, fatigue, brain fog, etc.

[Can you watch TV with no problems? I can't...which upsets me because I've got a nice Sony LCD with hundreds of channels that I can't even watch...or I become an instant space cadet.]

No, that causes me problems, especially if there is a lot of movement on the screen. If I wear sunglasses and put colored (transparent) plastic sheets over my computer screen (and dim it), I can watch some things on Netflix, but I still can't watch very much...mostly because of the light sensitivity, but also because of difficulties with visual tracking and overstimulation.

[What kind of therapy are you doing?]

Lots of supplements, acupuncture, massage, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and just really taking it easy. I do get some walking in every day and do some brain work, as I've heard that it's best to do something if you can; I just have to take a lot of long breaks.

[My psychiatrist won't prescribe me any narcotic medicine. My anxiety is severe, no anti-depressant is going to fix it...The only thing I've tried that has worked so far is Ativan or Xanax...I'm ordering some Theanine next week to see if that helps.]

Clonazepam is a benzo, not a narcotic. It's longer-lasting than Xanax (I'm not sure about Atavan).

[Haven't gotten a professional massage yet, can't afford it. Not sure what myofacial is??]

Basically it's a form of massage where they work closely with the face and muscles surrounding it.

[And thanks, I'm not going to give up...if it wasn't for my son I probably would of drank myself to oblivion or checked myself in to a mental facility and let them dope me up on anti-psychotics.]

Good for you. I've been handling this **** alone, and it's nearly unbearable. I'll be moving back with my family in about four months, where I'll have much better support. They're always supportive, but there's only so much they can do from 250 miles away.

Pete
SpaceCadet (01-27-2012)