View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

A few corrections. Benzo's are often considered narcotics, even though they are not opioids.

Myofacial release does not relate to the face. It relates to the facia or covering of nervous fibers. Myofacial release can be performed on the face of just about any other area of the body.

Nick,

I think you may finally be heading down the right path. Asking for something to control your blood pressure will be much better for you than taking benzo's, whether Xanax (alprazolam), Ativan (lorazepam), or Klonopin (clonazepam).

If you had a propanolol (Inderal) or something similar to take when you were struggling with the high BP and pulse, it likely would have resolved your symptoms.

I doubt your pulse was only 100 bpm. I bet it was more like 160 bpm.

Do you have a home blood pressure kit yet?

You need to be able to take your own blood pressure and pulse. No more guessing what the strange feelings are. Knowing your BP is high and that you can take a BP lowering med will go a long way to help reduce your cognitive anxiety.

Knowledge is power. Knowing your BP and pulse will empower you with understanding.

The constant talking in the car could have been a big part of your problem. You need peace and quiet. Speak up for yourself. Even if your friend knows of your injury, does he also understand how easy it is for you to get over-stimulated by sounds and voices?

The last thing I need when I am struggling is to be with a group of people. The voices will undo me.

I expect you will need a day or two to recover from this one event.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (01-27-2012), xanadu00 (01-28-2012)