View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 11:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have to be honest though...I'm a little frustrated by the weight gain but not super focused on losing it. I try to think positively about it and focus on just being healthy more than anything. I get very annoyed with some of the doctors I have seen (not my current one but many that I saw in the last year) when I explain to them how much weight I have gained and they just ignore me. I have explained to my current doctor that my concerns have less to do with the weight itself and more with the inflammation and puffiness and the possibility that these things are making the pain worse and/or are a symptom of something else being wrong.

No one really likes to gain weight...but try to remember that it's more important that you be healthy than to be at any specific weight. Like I said...changing my diet to the 4 F's diet has really made me FEEL better even if I haven't seen a big change in overall weight. I try not to focus on all the things that have changed in my life because of the RSD and instead try to focus on the things I can do to make my life better in this moment. Whenever I think about all the things that have changed in my life it's easy to start feeling depressed and to lose that motivation...so I try to focus on the things I can do in the present to try to improve the future.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote