View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I read another one of your posts and you sound very sensitive to medication, just like me so I thought I should respond to your post. Tramadol is an opiate, like morphine and codeine, and it has the additional properties of SSRI/SNRI which make it messy and complicated and can mess with your mood. Also, it hits acetylcholine receptors (muscarinic and nicotinic) which is not good for myasthenics. The docs told me it was not addictive after my thymectomy but that is NOT true. Also, I am having respiratory problems getting off of it. It has been a year and they are just now trying to figure out what to do...I am on a tiny dose but I cannot breathe without it, my diaphragm starts giving out.

Fetanyl, if you google fetanyl and side effects, you will see that anxiety, agitation, depression or nervousness (mental and mood changes) come up on drugs.com. It is under the more impt. side effects to get help with right away. If you are having panic attacks in the middle of the night, it may be the patch.

That being said, you have been through hell, and some of your emotionality is to be expected and you need to be gentle with yourself. It is very difficult to recover from this surgery and takes time.

I hope this helps and you can find something for pain that is helpful and yet not hurtful to your body. Thinking of you, debra
art chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jana (01-28-2012), Ravenred (02-07-2012)