View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default correct the confusion

Hi everyone, yes Meeshacat is my sister and is here with me for the second procedure, she's coming in from the West Coast so it's harder for her with the time change.

Let's see, second procedure went better, no nausea, no headaches, just some pain and fatigue,,all to be expected. Having some TN pain because I had 6:30 show time so NPO after midnight, they also wanted no regular meds so I ended up missing 2 doses which I am paying for pain wise today.

I had come up earlier this week and the Doc's PA Erika is an artist when it comes to programing these things, so she had gotten two pretty good programs running and then of course, the surgery and now it's starting, not from square one but close!! Right after the surgery I was still feeling the affects of the pain med he used ( he believes no patient should be in pain unless no other choice) so my face was fairly numb and I couldn't even feel the stim working at times,,so I go back in later today and get a reprogram and since I'm heading to Dayton on Sunday they are willing to come in on Saturday if I need another tweaking. Great bunch of people up here,,no question the best hospital I have ever been to and I've been to some good ones!!

Today is harder than last time, very tired and having some clear discomfort from the surgical incision above the collar bone, the one behind my ear is minimal except when I wear glasses so I just pad it then. They even left enough hair so it's hardly noticeable, that's really nice. I do have to cover the incision on my chest because it seems to rub on whatever I wear. It looks ok,,not great, but I know after having been through enough surgeries that once it's healed enough I can start putting some Mederma patches on it and it will be hardly noticeable in a few months..vanity thy name is woman!!!

I think I've really learned that one of the biggest keys to this working properly is the programmer. She had one that has two leads working together to help with the pain in my mouth. One diode was going positive one negative all over the place between the two...it was fascinating. Don't misunderstand the Rep is great but Erika seems to just have a feel for this (or maybe more time,) So I am very hopeful that over the next few months between the Rep here and Erika and the Rep I will have to find in St. Louis I should have enough people helping change the programs as the swelling goes down and the scarring starts and the meds get reduced and the weather changes!!! that over enough time I will have enough coverage to really make a long term difference.

If they can find the same program that they had in my lower jaw line I can probably come off my Lyrica first, it made such an enormous difference in that Atypical pain I had in my jaw and gums, I was shocked. If that's all I get I 'm happy, if I get more, I'm thrilled.

Well have to go to see Erika for some more tweaking,,will let you know how it goes...love and thanks to you all and thanks for helping my sister out with this...it really made a big difference for her and helped a bunch...Thanks guys!
BethO2L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (01-27-2012)