View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

nwsmith/xanadu00 - I understand your struggles. My symptoms got worse just like that 5 weeks after my TBI and still struggling everyday after 2 and a half years. After 5 weeks while driving I had near fainting episode (paramedic said only thing he notices is BP around 160), called ambulance and stayed in hospital for 3 days(nice hospital and doctors since my major care always there and also because of my previous brain bleeding- contusion they don't want to take any risk. Finally they discharged saying do what I can.

Somethings sure improved so that is a the good news. I am trying to help my brain in many ways. Stress, anxiety etc., are major factors. When I say stress I am not talking about couldn't find a parking spot or even losing a job. Our brain is stressed in top of other finance, family etc., situations.

I was sitting at home doing nothing for 1 year which increased my stress levels for sure thinking how long this will take.

Do anything possible to reduce brain stress. I wanted to suggest Neurofeedback but most insurance doesn't cover and it costs lot of money.

you can try cranio sacral therapy, trigger point therapy, myofascial pain release which all gave me temporary relief for me. Chiropractic didn't work for me and I tried many sessions (both normal and upper-cervical). Try acupuncture, healing touch, vision therapy and whatever you can.

If you are planning to drink to oblivion or anything like that then you need some medical intervention ( may be benzos or something else). I wouldn't recommend benzos but some times you got to do what you got to do to keep you sane. Try theanine first and get some BP med since you say it is consistently high. I have been taking theanine for 2 days now. Too early to tell any effect.

There is no magic pill, therapy or treatment can fix this. We have to find our own way. I am still trying and yes it is a tough journey so far........

Next think I am thinking about is Neurofeedback or Osteopathic medicine.

Hope you start feeling better.
SpaceCadet (01-27-2012), xanadu00 (01-28-2012)