View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 03:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Successful trial and awaiting permanent implant

I am new to the board, and wanted to give a shout out to other current and prospective SCS folks. I am glad to have found you guys, and look forward to sharing my experiences, encouragement, doubts, frustrations...

I must also disclose that I work for an SCS manufacturer (started 6 months ago), and have a bias resulting from my employment.

I wanted to ask those who have had the implants what your procedure and care were like just after. I have a NS who said this is very basic and considered day surgery (outpatient). Is that right? You actually get sent home same day ?

I am not one to want to be in hospital, but I guess I considered removing bone, tinkering in the epidural space, tunneling, and pocket/IPG to be more than an in-and-out affair.

Thanks in advance for your replies on the timing of your procedures and care.

Brent

Background on my back issues
I have 4 consecutive bad discs L2-L3 through L5-S1. Herniations confirmed by imaging, annular tears confirmed by provacative discogram. I have been in pain now since Dec 2008.

I am 35 and my back looks and feels like crap.

Diagnosis:
Discogenic pain syndrome L3-4, L4-5, and L5-S1.
Degenerative Disc Disease L2-3 through L5-S1
Radiculapathy bilaterally L4-5 and L5-S1
Facet hypertrophy L5-S1
Congenital pedicle hypertrophy

Symptoms:
Pain in back, buttocks, hips, legs, and recently toes and groin

Current Meds:
Exalgo 8 mg daily
Dialudid 4 mg (breakthrough)
Flexeril 10 mg (muscle spasms)
Zofran (nausea)
bcyak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (01-28-2012), fionab (01-27-2012), Mark56 (01-27-2012), Rrae (01-27-2012), Sophie_ (01-29-2012)