Thread: DRX Machine
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 04:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused DRX Machine

I have been reading negative assumptions about the DRX Machine. It is definitely not like regular traction.Some people wanted opinions about it. I was at a point where I could not walk or stand very long and was in so much pain in my leg. I had had surgery and that helped for a year. I didn't know what to do . My chiropractor suggested the DRX machine. I had an mri and showed it to him. He was very careful in fully assessing my need. He said my back was in such rough shape he didn't know if it would help. I wanted to try it. He sat down with me and told me what it would cost. He cut the cost in half when he knew my financial state and set up payments. I had to purchase a back support (which was very reasona ble) and I proceeded to have 35 treatments. I could tell a very real difference after the fourth treatment. It was like a miracle for me. I could take long walks, didn't any longer have the pain. I could stand and make cookies with the kids . it was wonderful. That lasted 5 years. I had exercises I had to do daily. I did these for ab out 4 years and then I stopped . You feel so good that you stop doing them forgetting that the exercises are why you are feeling good. I am having trouble again and I don't know if that is because I stopped exercising.

One person said that if they were so good why werent mds recommending them. Well, the Drs are not really ok with chiropractors yets. My own Dr. is not,.And, insurance doesn't cover it. Two very strong reasons why it is not highly used yet. I believe that it would be good if that were the last recommendation before going into back surgery.I don't know how to get it covered with insurance. I have friends who would benefit from this but will not do it because its not covered. They would rather have surgery, which a lot of times doesn't stop at one surgery. And they were astounded at what it did for me, yet money comes into it. I have a friend right now that I know would benefit from this and he was going to go online to check it out . From the kind of things healthcare places are saying , running it down etc he will get no good help from checking online. I'm sorry to see that when I checked.
Shirley Boyer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote