View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 04:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused New here, sorry so long but don't know what to do????

I had what I thought I thought at the time was a very minor MVA on 1-19-12, where I was rear ended while at a complete stop. I hit my head on the side of the door frame, because I was turning to look for oncoming traffic. I was wearing a seat belt, but it was kind of slack as they get when you lean forward to look to your far left, which is what I was doing when hit. So I hit my head, felt a bit dazed for a few seconds, then didn't think it was a big deal. Pulled over, got out, the other driver was fine. No damage to either car, we both thought it was so minor we didn't even exchange insurance information or names, anything. ( I know, if I were thinking clearly I would have, which I obviously wasn't now that I look back and realize how much of a hurry he was to get the heck out of there!)

Ok, so here is were it gets complicated...this all happened on work time, returning to the office from a client visit. So I go to the office, say I was just rear ended...start to go about my business- to me it is still no big deal. The office manager starts asking me questions and I can't remember specifics of what I talked about or did at the clients house. I have a coffee cup from a gas station in my car that wasnt there the day before, and I dont remember going to the gas station. It is just before noon, they check and I was at my clients house from 10 am to 11:25. It's a fifteen minute drive to the office, and I remember taking my kids to school at 8:20 and then bits and pieces of the end of my client visit- nothing in between! By now my head is pounding, I am snapping at my co-workers asking me questions, and I just want to lie down. They make me go to the urgent care, on the way they I am super nasueas .....exam, drug test, breath alazer, CT scan, all negative. Dr. says minor concussion, go home for afternoon, go back to work tomorrow, Tylenol for headache, you'll be fine, see you back in a week to sign you off. (This is all workers comp because it was during company business).I go back to work people keep telling me I am off, I can't concentrate, forget things, hard to get words out, constant headache, vision problems, tired, but can't sleep,dizzy, irratable, cry easily, and worst of all I feel like I am driving half drunk all the time! All totally not me. Finally go to my own Dr. 5 days later...exam, vision/eye test, blood work. He says post concussion syndrome, gives me Rx for dizziness, says no driving at all and orders me off work x 1 week. Mean time I try to work from home as much as possible, paperwork- although I have to stop often because my head hurts so much or my vision is goofy, or reading makes me dizzy. And taking phone calls, etc. So 3 days after see my Dr. I have to f/u with the workers comp Dr. and he says I say you are fine, PCS only lasts a week, your past that, go to work today, but wrote Rx for physical therapy for my neck. ?? This is after during the exam when he told me to open wide say ahh, and he said open wide again, so I opened my mouth and said ahh, again and he said "I meant open your eyes wide", and he burst out laughing, and I burst out crying! I don't know what to do! I don't want to lose my job, and I feel nuts sometimes, started my washer with no clothes in it after emptying it, forget stuff all time if I don't write it down, I get weird dizzy/vertigo spells out of the blue, same memory,cognitive problems, irritability, headache everyday. My own Dr. says work comp Dr. is wrong this can last weeks, months, even much longer, and wants to do MRI if not better in a week. But he says his hands are tied as far as when I have to return to work as it is a work comp issue. He did tell me in long run no job is worth my health. But I am afraid to drive and do a lot of it (at least 200 miles a week) for my job. As of now I have to start back my regular schedule Monday- driving about 75 miles. I have called my HR dept. and the work comp insurance person and no one has return my call. Does anyone have any suggestions?????
feelnfuzze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote