View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 04:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK View Post
I'm 6 weeks post-op cervical and first rib resection and scalenectomy. I have (had) bilateral cervical ribs with 100% arterial compression on the right side when my arm was elevated. My cervical rib was completly fused with my first rib, surgery was pretty rough. I'm getting pretty tired of it at this point, my arm pit is still completly numb and the back od my arm feels like its on fire when touched, anyone have this nerve damage numbness post-op? I am really hoping this goes away
I had the top of the arm on fire thing after each surgery, the first went after a while, this time I'm 9 days on, the fire is there. It is awful but it does pass. Not sure what caused it, I figured it was some nerve hyper sensitivity.
The numbness should decrease after 12 months or so according to my cons. Not back to normal as that nerve has been cut, but you will get some feeling back. A numb armpit is better than more chronic nerve pain.
The journey is a rough one, for some more than others. I've had a pretty hard time of it.
Hang on in there
Joanna81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote