View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 06:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neuropsych Testing completed...oh boy!

First let me say how relieved I am to be through with that!!! Not that it was necessarily a BAD thing, just very frustrating to me...

You see, as I was proceeding through with the testing, it was obvious to me that I have deficits...I told the MD this and he said it was a good thing. Well, that's subjective. I think it's MORE frustrating knowing you are missing something and can't do a thing about it!

He gave me a "peek" into what his impression is, but needs a week to formulate the results. He also asked for my Fiance's phone number to contact him so that he can get his input....that's a good thing, because he can tell him about Ms. Jekyll/Hyde....

Obviously, I have issues with processing, memory and something else..probably recall...he read a story and asked me to tell him the story, using as many words as I could that he actually said. I almost burst into tears...how FRUSTRATING!!! But at the same time, what a relief! I saw first hand that I am missing SO much of conversations..

He stated that I am having a behavioral response to my injury (I could have told you THAT)...and that I would benefit from "talking to someone"...I could have used all of this a year and a half ago...yes I'm angry and yes I am bitter....

Suffice to say that I won't be returning to bedside Nursing anytime soon, if ever...he was gentle in saying this in so many words...he's hopeful for my rehabilitation (as I have always been)...we shall see what the final report looks like....

For now, it's rest...because this has truly kicked my butt and zapped me of any energy I thought I had...all reserves are empty...

It's a relief that I finally have some validation that this is a REAL injury with REAL symptoms and that I am absolutely not imagining this. Silly, I know. But I needed to at least hear that much

July 21, 2010, one month after starting my new job I sustained a concussion after standing up quickly from a sqatting position and subsequently being impaled by the corner of a metal filing cabinet in to the left side of my skull. Dx. Post Concussive Syndrome.

Female, 45 years young
Mom of 3 boys (22,19,10)..Registered Nurse 16 years

Symptoms: Vertigo, difficulty concentrating, unable to multitask, fatigue, severe transient headaches..severity and location change frequently, anxiety, PTSD, tinnitus, "electrical like sensations" across the top of my head, "hot flashes", numbness and coolness to hands (worsens in A/C), very poor recall ability, processing and comprehension, difficulty finding words and completing thoughts, short term memory is awful.

~I will never give up on myself~

~I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those who can't run, what they'd give to have this simple gift I take for granted, and I run harder for them...I know they would do the same for me <3
JulieRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote