View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 11:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspennyloafer View Post
http://www.howibeatrsi.com/2011/03/how-james-beat-rsi/

i found this just now and im reading it, always curious to see how people recover
Overall an interesting read. Two things that I think he got wrong:

1) He mentioned being sore every day for eight months from doing the same exercise every day (for a postural muscle). You're supposed to wait 48 - 72 hours for the muscle to heal before breaking it down again (for strength training that is). When the muscle is sore then it is still building strength (e.g., healing).

2) He mentioned several times that his pain would come back and then he would fix it again with the [postural] exercises. I think he'd do better with a maintenance schedule so he doesn't revert in the first place.

But otherwise, I found the page interesting to see the specifics of what someone went through. His recovery was congruent with the "It's Not CTS" book.

In a nutshell, he had trigger points and he had postural muscle weakness. When he fixed both he went from having RSI pain within seconds of using the computer to working 8 hour days with only minor complaints.

He went from having to quit his job because he literally could not work, to working full time.

Now that's a happy ending! :-)
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote