View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

That's sad. How old was she?

Almost sounds like some sort of heart failure. When my dog died, he died of kidney and heart failure (probably from being poisoned by a neighbor. He was fine one day, and the next he was suddenly very sick. No idea what kind of poison it was.) and he'd done something similar. Got sick, there was blood in the vomit and it was kind of foamy.

In Omaha, the Humane Society has a place called Rainbow Bridge. You can take your pet there or you can have your veterinarian take your pet there. I dont know if your area would have something like that, but I bet you can contact your local Humane Society to find out.

When my dog TinyMonsters died, he died at the vet's office. So the vet took care of sending him to Rainbow Bridge. All I had to do was tell the tech at the vet's office that I wanted him sent there (think that's what I did...I might have had to call Rainbow Bridge myself...I dont remember now) and tell the tech what I wanted them to do with Tiny.

We had him cremated and Rainbow Bridge put him in a really nice carved wooden box. He's on my headboard of my bed right now. The box is really nice, and it's got his name and birthday and death date on a little engraved plaque that's on it. My plan is that when I die, I've told everyone in my family that I'm not leaving if Tiny's not with me. They're to come get Tiny and put him in with me. I was with him his entire life. I want him with me forever. Hoping that my family listens to me and remembers to grab him. If he's not there, I'm planning on haunting my family members. I wont be a friendly ghost.

I just checked the local Rainbow Bridge website and they've got more options now for what kinds of boxes they put pet cremains in. I almost wish I had the cremains locket. (little vial they put some of the ashes in so you can wear it as a necklace) Almost wonder if I can take Tiny back there, and have them put a little of him in a locket for me. (that doesnt sound creepy does it?) I really liked my dog.

I'm really sorry about your cat. It hurts to raise pets up from a puppy/kitten, see them develop and then suddenly lose them. Only part of pet ownership that I hated was that last day.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote