View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 01:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
I can so relate!!! I hate that cabin fever feeling. I get it often. Sometimes I just need a jail break. I had some seizure activity again several months ago. I just past my 6 month without any activity so I am good to go. However, when I do drive, I stick close to home. DD20 is borrowing my car as she needs it to get to and from work. It is so hard to sit home all day and not go anywhere or see another person. I spent so much of my 6 months like that. It was not fun. I'm over by family now so it makes it much easier.

My only advice is to read if you can, pamper yourself as you see fit, take up some sort of hobby, and remember there is always time out for the kids. j/k Of course, when my girls were little we had nap time every day on the weekends and then as they got older it became rest time and then as teens it was break time. It was away for everyone to have some down time and time to themselves. Anyhow, hang in there and know you are not alone in how you are feeling.
I kind of wish I was alone in this. I don't want anyone to go through this!

I would LOVE to read! It had been one of my favorite past times, I could get lost in a book for days if I had nothing else I HAD to do. John Grisham is my favorite author. When my double vision kicked in about a year ago it made it so that if I read a page or so I got a sever headache. But I dealt with that. Then I got so that I would read one paragraph and it would take several hours because I couldn't remember what I read in the sentence before. I wanted to try audio books but I can't understand when people read to me.

A big bonus though! My friend took the kids and me out for a few hours today!!!! It was great to get out, even if it was for some grocery shopping and a long drive there and back. It was so great to get out and our other friends came over for games tonight.
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-28-2012), Twinkletoes (01-28-2012)