View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 12:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default replying with advice

I responded before but I think because this is my first time I messed up so I'll start again. You are not alone in this disorder and it's important that you have support from family and close friends. It's also important that you do a self study on your disorder so that you can help yourself and help others help you. Remember to keep your own self identity and it's easy with people with our BPD to be emotionally clingy to others for our support. The only bad thing with this is that after awhile you will drive away those that we cling too tightly too because they will not be able to handle your emotions along with their own. I've learned that the hard way many times over and recently had to back away from my best buddy that said he would always be there for me. Recently I had a conflict at work between the assistant manager and myself and my best buddy took sides with her and it felt like he stabbed me in the heart. I could not believe after all we have been through and all the support I have given to him and he turned his back on me. But a big part of him turning his back on me is because of my BPD and my emotional clinginess and my moods and he said I have been difficult to deal with. So instead of chasing after him to remain friends and no matter how hard it is I have to let go and let him come back to me when he is ready and to forgive him for hurting me by taking sides against me. Just remember that we have to have our own identity and learn as much as we can so we don't become overly dependent on other and they run the other way. Keep your chin up and know that this place is a safe place to come to and chat with others that truely understand you. We will always be there for you with advice and support.
Smiles for support,
Sunshine
Sunshine38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote