View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 10:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Teeth comparing stitches

They taped you up!! I got glued, on both incisions, so no having to come back in to get anything removed...what a blessing. When I had my MVD no one would listen that I heal quickly so after 10 days they were digging stitches out no issue with that this time....they listened to me.!!
I keep hearing that health care is broken but this is a non profit that seems to make it all come together.

Here's a great one too, there is a system that my pain mgmt Doc and my PCM can log into the computer system here and see all my records. No mailing, no faxing, just ready at their need. They not only get all my Doc's notes but Erika's as well but all the films so they can see the trial placement of the leads and the permanent ones as well.
I also talked to Erika who gave me a print out (and will every time we change it) of the programming she's used during the trial, what I have now (which is very mild due to pain and swelling) and what she will change next time I'm in, so the Rep in St.Louis who has probably never seen one in the face, doesn't screw anything up because of inexperience. It is so refreshing to be dealing with the medical community that is more concerned about patient care than who get's credit for it....

They do a bunch of these very day as well, I got to talking to the pre op nurses who said they do a bunch of these every week, not just simulators but in the face stims...that gives you an idea at how viable this procedure is becoming...this could hold real answers for so many people with facial pain issues...let's keep hoping.

I will have my husband post some photos from the trial and then from the permanent procedure, so we can compare notes. I'm feeling better today, still very tired, overdid it yesterday. Will have to be careful today since there are some things I really want to do today like go back to this great outdoor/indoor market that has fresh breads and meats and gyros that were shown on the show "man vs food" they were killer!! We promised my sister that we would take her over there today. I also want to pick up some pastries as some Thank You gifts for some friends in Dayton.

This says a lot right there, these are things that I used to do all the time but had let slip over the years because the TN had taken over so much of my life, even just the minor relief I'm getting is giving me the hope of some kind of future, that indeed says a lot.

I'll get those photos up today and will keep everyone posted as I progress through this process. You have all been wonderful not just for me (because I know what a warm caring group of people TN patients are) but for my sister as well. Your input and warmly reaching out to her has made this process so much less frightening and you all really made her feel like her being a part of this and the more she knew the less afraid and the more hopeful she has been. I can't thank you enough, it has made this so much easier for her,,,I will always be grateful for everything you've all done for her.....

Love to you all, will keep you posted as things go....
BethO2L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (01-28-2012), kwebster (01-28-2012)