View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 12:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsthersDoll View Post

I'm glad you finally received and finished the neuropsych testing.

My neurologist has tried several times to order it for me, but the insurance kept denying it.

I'm very sorry to hear you might not be able to return to bedside nursing, I can tell you love your job and ache to get back to it. I haven't been able to return to a theatre since the accident I was in. I become emotionally devastated to think that I might not be able to return to doing that sort of work, I've been doing it for 20 years... and it was one of life's greatest joys for me. I don't think I would want a Dr. confirming that I'll never get to do it again. Hopefully, you'll be able to use your nursing skills in other ways that may even help more people than you could've being a bedside nurse.

It's good that you're resting.

I'm very interested to hear what more details of the results from the test are if you want to share.

And since you mentioned the jeckyll/hyde thing... my own boyfriend and I have had a SLEW of miscommunications because of my functioning levels due to the tbi... I'm sorry to hear you've been going through similar issues.
I am hopeful to use my Nursing skills in a legal environment...seriously considering Legal Nurse Consulting, a position where I can work at my own pace...

I will be happy to share the results of my testing...

Jeckyll/Hyde...a perfect analogy huh? It's been really difficult for us...we are a "combined" family with 4 of our 6 children in the house...3 are teenagers so you can only imagine the stress level. It gets to be too much, and then there are the typical challenges faced by many and at times, I just lack the coping skills...I'm looking forward to learning ways to manage my stress to help me...

Thank you for your support...you have no idea how much I appreciate it

July 21, 2010, one month after starting my new job I sustained a concussion after standing up quickly from a sqatting position and subsequently being impaled by the corner of a metal filing cabinet in to the left side of my skull. Dx. Post Concussive Syndrome.

Female, 45 years young
Mom of 3 boys (22,19,10)..Registered Nurse 16 years

Symptoms: Vertigo, difficulty concentrating, unable to multitask, fatigue, severe transient headaches..severity and location change frequently, anxiety, PTSD, tinnitus, "electrical like sensations" across the top of my head, "hot flashes", numbness and coolness to hands (worsens in A/C), very poor recall ability, processing and comprehension, difficulty finding words and completing thoughts, short term memory is awful.

~I will never give up on myself~

~I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those who can't run, what they'd give to have this simple gift I take for granted, and I run harder for them...I know they would do the same for me <3
JulieRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote