View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 12:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieRN View Post
I am hopeful to use my Nursing skills in a legal environment...seriously considering Legal Nurse Consulting, a position where I can work at my own pace...

I will be happy to share the results of my testing...

Jeckyll/Hyde...a perfect analogy huh? It's been really difficult for us...we are a "combined" family with 4 of our 6 children in the house...3 are teenagers so you can only imagine the stress level. It gets to be too much, and then there are the typical challenges faced by many and at times, I just lack the coping skills...I'm looking forward to learning ways to manage my stress to help me...

Thank you for your support...you have no idea how much I appreciate it
Yikes! Teenagers!

I'm very lucky that I have a calm and quiet living environment with a very supportive boyfriend.

I don't know if you can see a counselor, but talking to someone - for even just an hour a week, has really helped me to reduce the stress and worry about what I'm dealing with. Also, I "log" as much as I can - it's kind of like journaling and I think that has been helpful too. I couldn't write very well for the first 8 months or so after the accident I was in, so I log electronically in an email to myself and then save it in a special folder. I discovered that it's just generally helpful for me to get my thoughts out of my head when I can.

My communication has been completely altered - I say the wrong words, I sometimes use the wrong tone of voice or I might yell - all without my intention and that can lead to a lot of miscommunications that would be a lot better for my healing process if they were avoided altogether. I can't imagine having to deal with those things with teens.

My prayers are still with you!
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JulieRN (01-29-2012)