View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 01:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
JulieRN,

You should feel accomplished that you were so symptomatic during the tests. This will be used by the WC people. They need to hear the story at its worst.

Yes, it is hard to realize your dysfunctions. But, now you can move forward knowing what they are specifically (when you get the report). You can also seek to learn any work-arounds and other accommodations to better deal with them.

As the doctor (MD ?, NeuroPsychs are usually Ph.D.'s) said, it is a good thing. Think of it like a patient you are caring for. If they only exhibit a symptom when nobody is there to observe, it will limit your ability to treat that symptom.

You need to put things in perspective and context. You have had these problems for a year and a half. A NeuroPsych Assessment is not going to cure them. It just identifies them. You need this accurate identification.

A bad day would be having a miraculous high level of function during the test and getting labeled a malingerer (faker). I had a high level of performance on just one test with very poor functions on all the other tests. That one test with high scores was used to deny my Work Comp claim.

Time to celebrate and rest up.

btw, He is likely going to contact your fiance to get some confirmation of behaviors that he noticed but may have had inadequate data to confirm. He should not be talking to your fiance' about your results. Privacy issues. That should be reserved for a meeting with the three of you.

So, keep your chin up and move ahead.

My best to you.
Hi Mark,

I agree with you as well, I was happy to be symptomatic, though the Neuropsych. wanted to stop testing and resume when I "felt better"...

Yes, you are right lol...he is a PhD and not an MD, however he will NOT be my treating Neuropsych as he is doing the testing only.

You would be correct in stating the reason to contact my Fiance'...who better to speak of my behavior than the man I live with...it's been a challenge and I'm grateful he's with me for the long haul :')

Thank you for your support...I'll "celebrate" when I'm feeling better...my head is still screaming, the pain is torture and it needs to stop...I am really looking forward to getting help after all of this time....

Chin is up and I'll continue to plug along...your support means alot to me!!!

July 21, 2010, one month after starting my new job I sustained a concussion after standing up quickly from a sqatting position and subsequently being impaled by the corner of a metal filing cabinet in to the left side of my skull. Dx. Post Concussive Syndrome.

Female, 45 years young
Mom of 3 boys (22,19,10)..Registered Nurse 16 years

Symptoms: Vertigo, difficulty concentrating, unable to multitask, fatigue, severe transient headaches..severity and location change frequently, anxiety, PTSD, tinnitus, "electrical like sensations" across the top of my head, "hot flashes", numbness and coolness to hands (worsens in A/C), very poor recall ability, processing and comprehension, difficulty finding words and completing thoughts, short term memory is awful.

~I will never give up on myself~

~I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those who can't run, what they'd give to have this simple gift I take for granted, and I run harder for them...I know they would do the same for me <3
JulieRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote