View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 02:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguanabill View Post
Bummer! My wife tolerates it okay, but it hasn't helped her. I tolerate it okay myself (yes, I've given it to myself, though I have no pain issue). No one treatment is good for everyone, that's for sure.

We tried the motor cortex/secondary somatosensory cortext tDCS stimulation the night before last, and my wife had a bad headache (something she virtually never suffers) and severe pain yesterday. While there's no doubt what got your headache going, we're just not sure what provoked my wife's headache. We're doing each other a lot of good! (lol)

My wife is now at 20 treatments over 11 days, and hasn't seemed to get anywhere, but we only targeted the secondary somatosensory cortex the one time. We took a holiday from tDCS yesterday. I think we'll try it again tonight or in another few days.

Have a blessed weekend, ballerina. You deserve it.

I got headaches the first time I tried tDCS at Beth Israel but they vanished by the third day of treatment. The resident giving the treatment suggested that I take an extra strength excederine prior to my treatment for day 3 which I did. I had no more headaches after that.

Headache is reported in the literature as a side effect that subsides, but many studies also report headache for the placebo group-wierd huh?

I am praying for your wife to get relief from the next round of treatments. If the next round does not work there are more portocols to try. As soon as I am finished my current round of treatment I will decide on what to try when the treatment wears off, which I hope will be a good while with booster treatments. I am getting very greedy-I want remission and I think over time it is a real possibility!

Have a great weekend!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote