View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 02:14 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default hurricanes and rigged elections

You see regarding global warming:

The years 2005 and 2004 were horrible hurricane years for Florida.
Global warming is supposed to bring more hurricanes.
It makes sense to move, to get the heck away from hurricanes. I don't feel like I should stay and wait like a sitting duck for the next big storm.

But husband and I both have jobs here, and, well, I like it here. He likes to move less than I do.

Rising water levels will eventually take out most of Florida. But I might not be around to see it.

Right now we are living with a drought and water restrictions if you can believe it.
Maybe I want to live some place where the forces of nature are less a part of our daily lives. Is there such a place?????

As for the elections: I live in FL. In 2004 and 2006 we had massive voting fraud. Massive. It doesn't matter how or if we vote. The guys who buy the computer touch screen voting machines win.

We're getting new voting computerized machines for 2008. Same guys are in charge.

.................Depressed about the election and looking for a way to skip the news for the next 1.5 years.

To prevent anxiety, I will have to adopt a fatalistic approach to life and I am not quite ready to to there.

Or I could return phone calls from the local SGI Buddhism group that I have met twice. Nice people. But they meet at inconvenient times -- even if I wanted to see them again.