View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 05:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atma Namaste View Post
It was 11 years ago today that the tremor came over me. Still just taking Sinemet, or sometimes Levo/Carb, as it's called here in Canada. The last few months have been a living hell of unpredictable offs and freezeups, horrible dyskenesias, balled up feet, falling, pinched sciatic nerve so that I can usually only walk with crutches, or sometimes crawl. Tried Mirapex, but that made it all much worse. I have finally stumbled on a drug routine that has so far relieved the torment:

1x 100/25 Levo/ Carb plus

1/2 x100/25 Sinemet CR

Swallowed without chewing, every 2 hours. I try to skip the hellish evening freezeup by sleeping it off, but if I wake up and need to turn over before the ~5 hours is up, and I can move again, I have to call for help. This combination seems just magical so far.

Best Wishes to you all
Actually, it seems to be working out to intervals of 2 hours and 45 minutes between doses today, at least my internal alarm that usually goes off at two hours (on chewed up CR) is running consistently 45min. late, so the 50mg of CR is extending it by at least that much so far. I don't take it at night.

I'm still not clear on how the stomach and small intestine stuff works, like how much water to drink with the pills? What triggers the stomach to dump into the small intestine? Does it have to be water, or will any liquid do?
Atma Namaste is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote