View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 07:51 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Water is the best choice because its low nutrient value and thin viscosity get it to the head of the line. The meds have to get into the small intestine because the stomach is not set up for absorption. There are not many things that speed it up but ginger is one. Watch your doseing though. Too much will trigger Dk as well.

As for the other troubles, I was dealing with most of those a year ago but they are almost a non-factor now. Reduced by 90% or more. The possible reasons:
1) I dropped requip and am only taking sinamet.
2) I am taking large doses of the latter and trying to get just below the Dk threshold. Currently I am taking two CR 200/50 tabs 6x daily at three hour intervals (2400 mg) and still whittling it down (in fact I dropped it another 200 mg today and am waiting to see how it does.)
3) I am taking a ;ot of potassium gluconate. Four tabs of 550 mg each 3x per day. Get your GP to check your electrolytes about every 90 days to be sure you aren't building up dangerous levels, but my GP says that so long as my kidneys are doing their thing that any excess potassium will be purged. I think that this alone has worked wonders for my freezing and cramping. In fact, I had gotten a little cocky the last three days and had taken only a third as much potassium. Had my first cramping in two weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atma Namaste View Post
Actually, it seems to be working out to intervals of 2 hours and 45 minutes between doses today, at least my internal alarm that usually goes off at two hours (on chewed up CR) is running consistently 45min. late, so the 50mg of CR is extending it by at least that much so far. I don't take it at night.

I'm still not clear on how the stomach and small intestine stuff works, like how much water to drink with the pills? What triggers the stomach to dump into the small intestine? Does it have to be water, or will any liquid do?
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atma Namaste (03-03-2012)