Thread: RSD in Mouth?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 08:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile RSD in Mouth

I went to my second neurologist Monday. This one says I do NOT have chiari malformation. In fact he showed me my MRI picture and my brain is the opposite of a malformation ... the back of my brain is nice and high ... it doesn't go down into my spine after all. HOWEVER, this is about the 10th health care professional who just refuses to even discuss RSD with me. SCREAM for me! With this neurologist, on the form I had to fill out I put, under previous health issues ... RSD/Elbow/2003 and RSD/Wrist/2002. He asked me what that was and got really hostile ... like I was a criminal or something to even mention it ... so I just dropped it. He has me on neurontin ... it seemed to work the first week but the last two weeks I've seen no improvement at all. I believe you posted that your neurologist recognizes that one could have RSD in the mouth. Maybe someday I'll find a neurologist who will at least listen to me and at least CONSIDER that this may be the problem. With the other neurologist ... I am able to put information on a website which they gave me access to and I asked them to put RSD/Elbow/2003 and RSD/Wrist/2002 but they didn't put it on the website. By the way, after having three blood test work-ups, one brain MRI, numerous Xrays they still have found nothing that explains the pain in my mouth. Gee, surprise surprise! I knew nothing would show up because nothing ever showed up in my mouth when I still had my teeth in the bottom ... and of course nothing is showing up in the tests since I had the teeth pulled either. Anyway, I'm rambling. I probably should just drop the RSD issue but I'd feel better if I could find a doctor who would talk to me about it and not brush me off. I hope I'm putting these messages through correctly. At least my chiari is okay! Ha Ha Mouth pain is enough. Later.
msjanice12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote