Thread: RSD in Mouth?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 12:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Do NOT drop the RSD issue. Once you have had confirmed RSD in other places, it can go anywhere. I understand your frustration...have you tried seeing a pain management doctor? At least maybe they would be able to focus on the pain issue and maybe be better able to get your pain under control. I don't know what dose of neurontin you are on but it's not unusual for RSD patients to need a pretty high dose of it to get significant relief. Another option is Lyrica...that was the best one for me. There's actually lots of different options to try...some different combinations that are often helpful.

Maybe a pain management doctor would be worth a shot to at least get your pain under control. You should not have to suffer. And in my opinion...any doctor who gets hostile with a patient for even suggesting a possible diagnosis should be shot. I mean seriously...it's one thing if they don't agree and they can give you a list of valid reasons WHY they feel that way...but to just get hostile with you and ignore your concerns is absolutely ridiculous. My experience with neurologists has not been good with my RSD...the ones I have met just don't seem to really believe in things that don't show up on tests and MRIs.

But it's not limited to just neurologists...I have met many uninformed doctors who just didn't know anything about RSD. My issue with the neurologists was just that they claimed they knew all about it and talked down to me but the things they said were just plain wrong about RSD. No point in arguing with them though...just move on to another one because the odds that you will ever change the mind of a doctor like that are slim to none. And it's not your job anyway...you are there to get treatment and if one doc can't help you then you move on to the next.

And if a pain management doc doesn't work out then maybe your family doc would be willing to try some different chronic pain meds that work for RSD. Just keep fighting until you find someone who is willing to help you get this pain under control.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote