View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 12:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Strange pain in side of brain while shaking head.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'd like to ask a question about something I have been experiencing for at least a year or more. It's hard to tell exactly when my symptoms started.

What I feel is this pain in the right top side of my head when I shake my head left/right. The pain feels like it's a size of a golfball. It's localized, it does not bother me when I work out using heavy weights. I do some natural bodybuilding so I work out pretty hard. I can sometimes kind of feel a pressure behind my right eye. The more worked up, stressed out, or tired I get, usually, the worse it gets. Like after a day of work it'll be lingering there and I know it's there cause when I shake my head, bam, ouch! It's always in the same spot, never moves.

Last year had some CAT scans for something else. I was experiencing this shooting pain on occassion through the same general area it seems. They said nothing could be seen. They said I had swollen sinuses, that's it. I do get dust allergies throughout the day, and more so in the morning.

In the past 2 years (I'm 25) I have been getting anxiety attacks. I've gotten them twice before after I smoked marijuana, but when I was 24, they were pretty bad. I still get them on occasion, and they suck. I also have high blood pressure. I take medicine and my blood pressure is stable. (About 127/65).

I am not experiencing any vision loss, hearing loss, etc. I've always had a pretty up and down personality. I'm probably more stable now than I've ever been. Not experiencing any shakes... the occasional twitch, yes. I'll get a twitch in my eyelid rarely. I used to get them all the time in high school. My balance is still good...

I don't know what it could be. Can anyone help me?
Whatisit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote