Thread: Who knew?!?!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 06:07 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I've been having some problems with edema since I had steroids in december for a flare.

I've been wearing Edema Wear to try to get rid of it, but it hasnt helped that much. About the only thing that did really help for me seemed to be when I got my AFO (Ankle Foot Orthotic, brace that helps me with the foot drop the flare gave me) Two days after I got my AFO, and had been wearing it constantly, with the shoe tied fairly tightly, a bunch of the edema came off. Not all of it, but enough that I noticed it.

I'd been sitting a lot since this flare hit, and when I got the AFO and could get up and move around (also doing some aquatic PT) I think being able to move around again without tripping over my foot really helped make some of the edema go away. Just not all of it, and it's really uncomfortable. Wondering if it's contributing to a lot of the numb feelings I have.

Not feeling really good this weekend, so I've been sitting around a lot again. The edema is coming back. It's not back in my feet, but I can feel it around my waist, back and hands and down my legs. Keeping my shoes on seems to help the edema not get out of control in my feet. (AFO is built into one of my sneakers) . I really hate this edema.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Judy2 (01-30-2012)