View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Scar tissue pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by winic1 View Post
I have scar tissue restricting both subclavian artery and vein, especially when I move my arm the wrong way (which is gradually becoming most ways). This came as a result of a broken collarbone (car accident) that did not heal and so was fixed with plate and screws 3-1/2 months after the accident. Few months later I noticed my arm/hand going off-color, and it has been downhill from there, now more than 2 years from the accident.

I make keloid scars like crazy. Inside and out. You should have seen the monstrosity my first c-section turned into--take a #2 pencil, color it that angry red color unhappy scars are, and glue it to your stomach. 2nd c-section, they spent 45 minutes cleaning up the internal scarring from the 1st.

On advise of a vascular surgeon, who said he would NOT recommend surgery because of significant risk to artery, vein, nerves, use of my arm, etc (said, scar tissue is tougher than healthy tissue, so if you tug on it, guess which rips first?). Recommended physical therapy to loosen and remodel things in there.

Got a great pt who has been trying gentle techniques to release things in there, but not making much progress, in fact she says, and I would agree, that I am still making new scar tissue inside there. (Outside scar continues to grow back despite 3 rounds of steroid injections by dermatologist.)

So...anyone know how to make internal scarring to stop?

If it does come to surgery (either repair or bypass the problem), how do I keep the scarring problem from coming back?

doctors in my little podunk corner of the universe are all clueless (even about TOS. even about most everything.)

I have vision problems, made worse and complicated by vertebro-basilar insufficiency from this TOS problem, so internet searching has become nearly impossible for me, especially technical documents, reading is now giving me migraines after a very very short time, so I cannot seem to find any clues to my problem myself. (put myself through college typing, so fingers still work, even if I have trouble reading it once I spit it all out.)

Or figure out where to go next, I am within range of New York City, Connecticut, and even Boston, but no longer drive and can't travel (train or bus) by myself, so I need to know the right place to go, I can't keep trying new places/doctors hoping to hit the right one.

Does anyone know anything on this problem?
This is my first time on a chat room, but I am trying to find answers to the scar tissue issues too. I've had several surgeries in my pelvic/ab/rectal area. I also have degenerative disc disease and osteoarthritis in my low back. Each surgery that was suppose to help only created more scar tissue and adhesions. I now have knots forming in my groin area and around my incision sites. I've seen so many drs it's mind numbing. Now they won't go back in and I am left to find my own answers. One thing that I have found that is helping is Thai Massage and cupping. A lot of stretching, but I still have pain every day. I also have problems with nausea and vomiting that I have medicine for. This has changed my life and now that the drs got me in this mess, they can't get me out. How do you guys deal with the pain, pulling and tightness as the scar tissue gets worse. I have tried PT, shots, pain meds, muscle relaxers. It just seems to slowly get worse.
tammy63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote