View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi ambrteach,

Wecome to the forum! Depression is all part of epilepsy as well as dizziness and feeling tired. I've had epilepsy since I was 10 yrs. old and I'm 49 yrs. old now. You mentioned that you took wellbutrin this drug is an anti depressant which will reverse the effects of your keppra. Also it has been proven that Wellbutrin can cause seizures for some people and you should let your Dr. know about this immediately. If you are having the same type of seizures that others in your family are having then it could be genetic but if you are having a different type of seizure than those in your family then it is not genetic. Years ago my neuro thought my seizures were genetic but all of my family members had grand mal seizures where I only had absence and complex partial seizures. I would get off of the wellbutrin and start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day to see if that helps or try taking vitamin B Complex vitamins once a day. Cut back on the caffeine, starch foods and carbs. Hormones changing has a lot ot do with it. If you like peanuts or any type of nuts start eating them because they have progesterone oil in them and it helped me control my sz. when I went through my change. I wish you the best of Luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote