View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 03:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, darlene and sara for welcoming me. My cousin who has MS told me about Neuro talk and said there is an epilepsy forum.

i am a teacher and so i am out and stressed all day...47 kids in one class...when i had had my seizure before, my neuro said after 3 months of no seizures, that if i couldn't get a ride i could drive back and forth to school on the side roads..no highways, not at night, so that is what i do. I guess I am lucky in that if this is something genetic, I have only had two seizures and now i am on 1000 mg of keppra twice a day. My second one, my daughter said was not as long or violent, so the 500 mg twice a day was doing something. Interesting sara, you said you were artistic...don't know if you have done any historical research on epilepsy, but me being the geek i am know that Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, Isaac Newton, all had seizures and it was considered divine...lol...in fact people were supposed to be seers who could foretell the future when they went into fits or a trance..lol..anyway.i have a spike and wave brain pattern..the doctor said my brain waves are too active...i am like "duh, i'm a math teacher"...he also said he sees a lot of scarring behind my eyes..can't think of anything other than a metal swing in my face when i was 5..two black eyes and a bloody nose...lol..in those days no mri, ct etc..i am glad to come to this forum and read your posts and advice..thank u for being here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
ambrteach,

Hello and welcome, happy to see you have come to be with us, it a great place to be for a supportive and relaxing place. Our shoulders are here for support in many ways.

I have had epilepsy ever since I was 10 and now I am 58. So I just feel it is part of live. I did have surgery in 2009 and have not had another one since and it really feels good, but since I had it in early life I just lived with it and found out who was my friends. My DH has always stood right beside me and so has our children.

Back when I was having them I wood have them a few days before my period, so I knew when it was coming. Most of them accorded in the summer time, everyone is different.

Some of the many these to do is, always stay away from flashing lights as in a theater, take Vitamin B complex, nutra sweet (aspartame) which causes more electrical activity.

Hope I have help you out. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Darlene
ambrteach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote