Thread: RSD in Mouth?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 06:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That's just awful...for doctors to tell you that you don't need to come back again when they have failed to treat your problem...should be criminal. Well...keep going with the neurontin since it is helping...strange that the doctor would tell you to adjust the dose yourself and not monitor your usage more closely...but so long as you don't end up in a situation where you run out of meds and are careful. If you start to experience any weird side effects though you should see a doctor immediately.

Again...what about a general practitioner? That's the doctor I am seeing now who is managing my care and I have gotten SO much better since I started treating with her. Like you I was bounced around a lot and no one seemed to be able to help me (more like they didn't WANT to help me). When my family doctor who had been my doctor since I was born (literally...he was the one who delivered me), when he told me that I might just have to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair that was when I got angry, put my foot down (figuratively), and decided to take back control. I switched doctors and found someone who is compassionate, listens to what I have to say, always has new ideas, and never acts like there's no hope. I truly feel like there is a partnership between the two of us, and since I started treating with her we have gotten me walking again and consistently improving. She doesn't specialize in RSD (though she is familiar with it and continues to educate herself about it)...but more than anything she is just a compassionate doctor who is really interested in treating her patients. Maybe in your situation it would be good if you could find a general practitioner like this who would be willing to listen to you and try different things to help.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote