View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 08:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi RSDNO,
I know as a result of my rsd (and almost dying in Sept 2010) I have a grown son that has been my caretaker (since 16 years of age) and he has been fighting major depression in the last few years and thought he could handle it all by himself. Finally this month (and after much prayer) and him almost dying in a car accident in July 2011 from trying to end it all...he has gotten help. I knew his life was affected by my disabling rsd but I never realized how much until this last year or so. It nearly killed him!

Depression as I am finding out is not talked about and kind of swept under the rug as no one wants to talk about it. My family has had a real hard time handling my rsd and now with my son's severe depression...well let's say that they just don't get it alot. I do understand it and support my son 150% in his quest to get better. Yes, I get depressed too...I mean who would not when you lose everything and your whole world changes?? What I have found that works for me is to pray alot, laugh alot, and I have to read in the evening (when my mind can focus better) until I fall asleep and if not I will think of my life and get depressed and want to cry. I try to surround myself with positive people and stay away from anything I feel that is negative. I applaud your admission of Major Depression and pray that you will have better days ahead. I am finding with my son that there are good meds out there but you just have to tweak it to find what works for you...that is what we are doing with him. Also, with rsd it is the same thing...between meds and treatments...it is just finding out what works for you. Take care of yourself. We are all here for you whenever you need any help.
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote