View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello everyone. It has been a long time since I have posted on here. I saw these posts and wanted to respond. I too had most of the symptoms everyone is talking about....the rapid heart beat that feels as though it will come out of my chest, the tightening, and occasionally pain. It usually came about when I was not doing anything at all such as laying in bed. Every time i went to the doctor, nothing showed up on my EKG's and Ultrasounds. Finally one night the heart pounding started and would not stop (which it usually would after a minute or so). I went to the R and it turned out I was in A-Fib. It was discovered that I had Wolfe Parkinson White Syndrome which is pretty rare. Basically, there is en electrical current which goes through your heart down a single pathway. with WPW, there is more than one pathway which needs to be close, thus curing the problem(usually). now, i am not saying this is the case for everyone who has commented but what I find interesting is my military Neurologist said she had a case where a female soldier with MG had WPW as well. She was curious as to whether these could be connected but does not have enough evidence to prove it. Just a thought. You may want to bring it up to someone as it seems there are quite a few of us with the same issue! I hope all is well.

Ken
Ken0710 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (01-30-2012)