View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dave,

How was your girlfriend diagnosed with AOS? What tests did they do? I am strugglign with finding a good doctor and I feel no one here is going through the same thing I am because most of the people on this thread do not have true AOS and I think the ones who do havent seen my posts. I need advice and help and it seems your girlfriend and I have the same thing. Unfortunately I cannot do anything about my AOS (by a good doctor) until my new health insurance kicks in and I know SO LITTLE about AOS that who knows if I am at a severe risk of dropping dead from it or getting an aneurysm or stroke from it.

My only symptoms are bulging throbbing veins in certain postions, headaches and neck pain. On a scale 1-10 the pain isnt high its only a 3 or 4. I could live with this but unfortunately it sounds like you can die from AOS or suffer from limb loss. I wish I was able to get statistics on how fast one should get the surgery and can you wait a year to get it ? As long as you get it?

I am freaking out because I cannot go to Dr. Donohue in Boston until II get better insurance.

Does AOS cause brain aneurysms? Anyone who has gone through this I would appreciate any advice or positive feedback if there is any. THank you everyone
Scaredsilly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote