Old 01-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinGoofy View Post
my father in law is in the hospital with pnumonia. He is 91. He is not responding to the antibiotics and they suggested today for us to consider hospice.... My husband is still in a bit of denial. He is wanting to put in a feeding tube to see if that will help "rally" him back. I guess i'm asking for wisdom for my husband more than anything.... just that he'll be able to make the right decisions concerning his dads care. thank you so much in advanced
Vicky
really was very helpful for my Mother. She was 92 at the time, other than the meds causing some memory problems; she was pretty alert. A social worker come a couple of times a week. She suggested we contact Hospice. It was explained so well to my brother and I. This did not mean we thought she was ready to die; but it was good to have them come in and be there if when needed. We were also told many people have hospice for 6 mos. to a year as well. My mother, under the care of hospice checking in and being there when we needed was a great relief for us. My mother live for almost a full year.

All I can say is - was good to have them, if needed. They are really wonderful to work with and "by no means" does it mean your parent is ready to die just because Hospice is involved. Hope this will be of some help.

(Ger)
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-30-2012), barbo (01-30-2012), FeelinGoofy (01-30-2012), Lara (02-06-2012)