View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tracey, I've been in pain in the past week, so I haven't been able to sit and read much. Now that I can, I'm amazed by your post.

The lack of logical response by whichever physician said, "well might be inflammation from the Prednisone," floored me. Prednisone is taken to combat inflammation, like in arthritis or lupus. So that doesn't make sense!

Deep pains in the back could be from a number of different conditions, like pancreatitis, kidney disease, gall bladder disease, blocked ducts (via a stone), etc. SO many reasons. Did anyone check you for a kidney stone? Can you define your pain? Is it constant or intermittent? Is it sharp or dull? Is there a specific origin for it or is it in more than one place? You really need to define the type of pain first.

Pain can be caused by inflammation, infection, cancer, nerves . . . again, so many reasons. A good doctor will logically look at your situation, your recent medical situation and some basic tests.

Has anyone considered a blood clot? Have they done a D-Dimer? Have you been tested for any clotting disorders, which are common in conjunction with autoimmune diseases? What about renal hypertension? Yeah, you can get hypertension from renal artery stenosis.

What is your blood pressure? Do you have a cuff? Have you taken it while lying down and then after sitting/standing up after one minute? I'm curious about your hydration level. Dehydration can cause a high pulse too.

Occult infection can cause a high pulse. Do you have any signs of infection? Since you are immunosuppressed, the typical things like a white blood cell count may look perfectly normal. Did they check your erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)? Do you have a fever, even low grade?

If you have a primary doctor who you trust, have a heart to heart with them about this. A high pulse, especially if it's not YOUR normal, is not normal!

When did the racing pulse begin? Is it nonstop? Did the pain begin at the same time or a different time?

Stopping a medication can bring on rebound effects. Did this start after stopping the thyroid meds?

Just because an endo has looked you over once doesn't mean that the body isn't always in flux and doesn't change! Maybe another appt. would be a good idea. Did they check your thyroid antibodies? Sorry, but I question EVERYTHING and don't assume anything when dealing with doctoring.

ER doctors don't like to "diagnose" anything but if your symptoms are severe, you have to go back in. How high is your pulse?

One more question. Has anyone done an echocardiogram to look at your heart? An ECG isn't enough.

Anyway, I hope you can get someone to figure this out. Please don't overdo anything physical until you can, ok? Take care.

Annie

Actually, I have one final question. Do you have ALL of your test results?
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tanner05 (09-23-2014)