View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 09:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mysternia Gravis and Gluten

When I read your post it sounded so much like my father's symptoms. He is elderly but no doctor has been able to diagnose him properly. Waddled gait, anemia, drop in blood pressure, severe fatigue, dizziness, brain fog, and most recently holding his head up with his hand. It's been very scary. I finally did my own research and the waddle gait lead me to Mysternia Gravis. It's an auto-immune problem with the thymus gland.

Not sure if that's the problem for my Dad because this was strictly self diagnosis. Then found a web site that said if you have Mysternia Gravis stop eating gluten and the symptoms for MG will disappear. Gluten damages the nervous system. So I got my Dad to stop eating gluten. 24 hours later the severe fatigue disappeared. I was blown away. It's been less than a week now and he continues to be energetic. His thinking is so much clearer. My father also had ulcerated collitis in the '70's. Gluten intolerance should have been looked at back then, but most doctors don't even think of gluten as a problem. The villi in the intestines gets damaged and the body cannot absorb nutrients properly. It can take up to 7 months or more for villi to repair itself provided you stay gluten-free.

Continue to be gluten-free and with time you should heal. You may have an intolerance to dairy and soy as well. Ask your Doctor about MG. Take liquid vitamins and liquid minerals to help your body absorb them better.
Dixie Chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote