Thread: RSD in Mouth?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default RE: hi again msjanice

I really am sorry about the RSD and its pain. I have NP which isn't like that, but hurts none the less. I really think the medical professionls need to get a grip on this disease, acknowledge it, and start to educate themselves about the condition. Just because they became doctors, does not mean they know everything. It is obvious, they don't know enough about this condition.
To brush a person to the side, because they can't admit they don't know, is not what the hippocratic oat says at all. The reason it is called a practice, is because they ARE to PRACTICE and learm themselves. I really wish doctors would listen to their patients more, and stop putting themselves above others. Jusst because they go to medical school and earn a degree, does not make them Gods. I had a huffy doctor, who dismissed me because I said no to a proceedure. If he sat me down and talked it over, I would have been more agreeable. Instead he demanded me to do something I was clearly frightened of. He talked down at me like I were a bug. I could not deal with that kind of attitude. We need not just the skills the doctos have, but their compassion too. We need them to keep educating themselve and researching for our benefit on those conditions, they don't enough about. I am just venting because too many patients get brushed off, or told it is all in their heads. I had a throat problem, it was in my "head" for 5 years, until one doc. finally took a look. It wasn't in my head at all! But a serious condition. So now I am upset, and don't really know where to vent my anger about this. I too was brushed aside, and doctors need to stop doing this and listen. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote