Old 01-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Feeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinGoofy View Post
Thank you to everybody..... We talked to the dr this morning and we are going to send him back to where he lives with hospice care. no feeding tube. The reality of it all is that a feeding tube would not do anything to get his mental state back. He is mostly nonresponsive. The goal is to keep him comfortable. Its been a hard decision especially for Rick. He said he feels like he just signed his dads death warrant. I totally support his decision and so does his brother in Oregon. Thanks so much for your continued prayers... Its going to be hard watching my father in law continue to decline. {{{{HUGS}}}}
I know exactly how your husband feels. I was so upset when I was told they were going to just let her stay in a sleeping state. I even phoned them saying "how could she survive if you don't feed her"?. Again, they tried their best to get thru to me. Feeding her at this state would only let the food lay in her and cause more discomfort than good. She passed on in a few days; but it was difficult; but looking back; I see how necessary it all was. I finally wispered in my Mom's ear - "It's okay to let go Mom. Love you.

Wish your husband as well as yourself peace of mind knowing you did the right thing for "Dad".

(Ger)

Last edited by ger715; 01-30-2012 at 07:58 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-30-2012), Lara (02-06-2012)