View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 02:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi lynn1667!
So sorry you are having such pain, especially after SCS surgery. I hope you get some relief soon.

I had my stimulators (cervical and thoracic) implanted at the end of June and the thoracic leads replaced with paddle leads in November. Anyway, when I went to have the staples removed there was new pain beside the cervical incision that I discussed with the dr...terrible, stabbing pain. It literally took my breath when I moved that part of my body. He said it was incisional pain, give it some time, etc...it got worse...but then it finally got better and all of that pain subsided. I still don't know exactly what happened, but it was very painful and now it is just sensitive to the touch in the area like a lot of my surgical spots are. I can touch the thoracic incision area with no problem, so with me I think it is more of a nerve problem than muscular. I also have RSD in my left shoulder and this pain was between that shoulder and the incision...

I certainly hope your doctor gets back to you soon and I sure hope you do not have a torn muscle.

Good luck!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-01-2012), Rrae (01-30-2012), Sophie_ (01-30-2012)