View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 04:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi timlaw,

Welcome to the forum! I can't believe that the neuro didn't know what trileptal is that drug is older than keppra and it's like a second cousin to the drug tegretol because they are so similar.

You might want to look into finding a different Dr. or get a back ground check on the Dr. you are seeing right now.

One thing that's very important is never eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while on trileptal or tegretol because the enzymes in the fruit will mess up both of these drugs and lead to seizures. Also make sure you use a sun block if you burn because both of these drugs draw the suns rays in more. I've taken both of them in the past and then I ended up with a rash from the drug after taking it for many yrs. Here's wishing you the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
Hi Sue,

Thanks for those details! I have written that down to make sure that I dont go near those kinds of things while I have what I have

And you are right...if the Dr. does not come up with the date of my biopsy for one, and this drug Trileptal doesn't keep the seizures away, I am going to ask to be taken off it. Simply because it has, what I think, not done a thing and only multiplied my seizures, as well as made me more 'dosile'.

Cheers,

Tim
timlaw347 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote