View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 07:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tim,

If you try and find a new Dr. you might want to try seeing an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) and be sure to go to an Epilepsy
Center which are usually at University Hospitals or very big hospitals. I've seen many neuros over the yrs. but I found seeing an Epileptologist (Epi) the best thing I ever did. The Epi. works with a neurosurgeon and a neuropsychologist and they work together as a team to find the best help for people with epilepsy. I was on many different seizure meds over the yrs. and then my Epi had a DNA test done on me to find out I was drug resistant to most of the seizure meds. You might want to get a DNA test done to find out what sz. meds will help you the most and have the least side effects. I've learned taking vitamin B12 1000mcg. once a day reduces seizures for many people including myself. Cut back on caffeine, starch foods and carbs and start eating foods high in fat this is known as the ketogenic diet which helps stop or reduce seizures. I have had absence (petit mal), complex partial, and aura (simple partial) seizures for yrs. and this diet cut back my seizures this past yr. so I had 81 fewer seizures. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote