Old 01-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default You are so right

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt1268 View Post
You may want to post your thread to the scs side of neurotalk if you are strictly looking for their reply. I am scheduled for a trial scs in February with hopes of getting off these meds. But I have to say usually there is a difference between people who are dependent and people who are addicted.

There is a big difference. No "highs" or feeling on top of the world, the only happening is just the ability to better tolerate the awful pain. Unfortunately, the pain is still there; but without these meds; life would be almost unbearable.

I did have a trial SCS which failed. But, my doctor informed me because of the damaged spine, edema, legs, feet, ankles, along with the pain of PN in those areas as well; even with the help of a stimulator, I might be able to lessen the meds; which he hoped; but if I was not able to lessen the meds, the pain might be less than it is now - but he definitely felt the stim would not be enough to go without pain meds. Believe me; I Hate taking the narcotics and fear the unbearable pain that I already have and the added pain of withdrawal would probably put me in an institution for quite some time or permanently. Scary!!!!! I do know I am dependent on these meds. I guess the fine line between addicted and dependent is the PAIN.

(Ger)
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-05-2013), ginnie (03-01-2013)